Wednesday, August 29, 2012

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk


Life’s a bitch. Sometimes. Not all the time – mostly just yesterday, really.

Ever have those days where it just feels like the whole Earth is off balance? That was my day, in a nutshell. I have recently become part of normal society again, getting up at a ridiculously early hour of the day (the time my husband has been getting up for the past 8 months – props to you, mister). My life previous to Monday was filled with laziness that I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed, until it wasn’t available anymore. Now I have to become a functional human being before noon. WTF.

I recently found a baby to spend my days with. I mean, I didn’t “find” him, but he is new to my life. How creepy would that be if I just “found” a baby? But anyway… do you know how much work a 3 month old is? A lot. A LOT. I love the little man, but of course, he was cranky and fussy all day yesterday, which just added to my Tuesday-feels-like-Monday. He might hate me – it’s still too early to tell. I only changed my jeans three times – because projectile vomiting was happening in my house… all day (by the baby, not me, in case that wasn’t clear).

My mister was also feeling that “off-balanced-Earth” feeling (the best way I can describe it). But after a long day, he still managed to prove to me that he is the better cook. A delicious grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and potato dinner was the highlight of my day. Leave it to me to get that excited about food. Then he spilled a cup of milk on my laptop. That actually made me laugh, mostly because it was my fault. I was eating Oreos (football-shaped… cute but not as delish as double-stuffs) and I didn’t want to drink the milk, so I not-very-carefully passed it across the laptop. Bad karma for eating unhealthy… thank you world. But the upside to this situation was I got to say – “No use crying over spilled milk.” I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to use such a cliché phrase. Laugh it up, guys. I don’t get out much.

To top off my day, my fall classes started and I couldn't access the webpage where I do all the work and such. There’s nothing like starting off a semester with a little slacking. The kitchen was a mess, the cat smelled like wet dog (I haven’t figured out why that is), and my entire body was so sore that I just wanted to cry with every breath. I have recently started running (seriously!), and my body hates me for it. That’s probably not accurate, but that’s how I feel.

But on the upside, today’s another day, and we’re halfway to a long weekend. I’ll drink to that.



2 comments:

  1. What fun you are, sweet Kaila! Your writing style is fun and informative, very "conversational" and clear, easy to relate to on all levels, honest and sincere. I love it! Thanks for sharing... Keep up the good work, luv. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHA Awe my poor Quila! Today is a different day and I would definitely drink with you, minus the fact that I'm half way across the world! Oh what about the laptop...did it survive?!?
    EmXOXO

    ReplyDelete