Thursday, August 16, 2012

Here Goes Nothing...


Hello stranger (or not).  I'm Kaila... Kaila with an i.  It's one of those funky things that kinda sets me apart.  It’s not all that original.  I had three “Kayla’s” in my graduating class (maybe more… I am currently trying to forget all those so-called glorious high school years).  But it’s also not out-of-this-world strange like some I've heard.  Do you realize your kids are going to get beaten up in 3rd grade for being named ___[insert ridiculous name here…I won’t because I’m sure I’ll offend someone]___?

Anyway, end the name rant.  So I’m Kaila.  I live on the West Coast… while everyone I’ve ever known is on the East… my thanks to the military.  And on that note, I’m a military wife.  I’m new at that, so I don’t have much to say.  I know a thousand and one people who have it worse than me, so I’ll save my complaining for another night (but trust me, it's coming).

I'm way new at blogging.  I mean, I dabbled in "Blogging for Dummies" (that's not a joke), but I feel like a 85-year old woman discovering Internet Explorer for the first time.  Don't ask me why that image came to mind.  I read a bunch of blogs via good ol' Facebook, and they're all laugh-out-loud hilarious. Cue myself setting the bar too high.  Just a head's up... I'm not that funny.

I've recently transformed into “a housewife,” for a lack of better terms.  My little slice of California isn't like what Katy Perry sings about.  It's actually quite cold... so I occupy myself indoors for the majority of the week.  I’m addicted to Pinterest.  I’m becoming a handy little do-it-yourself-er, decorating my house with all kinds of ridiculous-looking hand-made crafts (“No, I don’t have a toddler.  I did that myself”).  I’m also learning to cook… (very) slowly but surely.  Bear with me if I get too excited and have to share a recipe or two.

I feel like I’m growing up too fast.  Maybe putting my not-so-exciting life into words for the real world to read will help me track all of this disappearing time (and by the real world, I probably just mean a few family members).  Or perhaps it’ll just keep me busy while my husband’s at work.  We’ll see.

And speaking of growing up too fast, I’m in my pajamas and slippers at 7:30pm eating macaroni and cheese for dinner, and my mom just wrote “BRB” to me like I’m on AIM in 6th grade… guess I’m still kind of a child after all.

1 comment:

  1. I've now read all of your blogs in reverse order, Miss K, and as good as the first one is, they have improved with age! The best thing about this first one is that it is, and will always be, THE FIRST ONE. A treasure always, as is it's author...
    Love,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete