Thursday, October 4, 2012

Things That Do and Don't Make Me Smile


Things that Make Me Smile…

Pacific Ocean sunsets – bright pink and orange skies almost every night during my walk/run/exercising adventure. The Coyote Ugly soundtrack and dreaming about being like the girls on Coyote Ugly, dancing all up on the bars and stuff. The sunshine. My $9 TJ Maxx sunglasses. Having the car window down just enough to not mess with my hair. Seeing deer in California ALL THE TIME. My kitten, who fell in the toilet yesterday and suddenly wanted to cuddle the afternoon away, wet paws and all – yeah, no thanks. Blogging instead of doing classical music homework. Long weekends with the mister (thanks Columbus, for whatever it was that you did). Having such a predictable schedule (seriously, I love that). Cold showers after a very long run (very long for me is like, 12 minutes, but that’s better than no minutes). The thought of having to pack very soon, because I’m going home very soon. Seeing my just-about-4-year-old sister next week. Seeing all my sisters next week (and my mom, and my friend – yes, singular, I pretty much only have one). Yoga pants, especially when I’m not doing yoga. My iPhone, that auto corrected the previous as “toga pants” when I wrote it in my “Notes” app to remember for later. Proper grammar, except when blogging. The show Parenthood. And Friends. And loving Friends enough to immediately recognize Lisa Kudrow’s voice as the new spokesperson for Yoplait yogurt. A blog that I follow called “I Want a Dumpster Baby,” who happens to be 11 years sober today – she is great and inspiring and happy and entertaining and always has something awesome to say - check her out. Date nights. Shopping and finding things on super-sale ($2 shirts, thank you H&M). My mom. Having to drive to the playground to share phone calls with my East Coast fam. The fact that my “things that make me smile” list will far outweigh my “things that don’t make me smile” list.


Things that don’t make me smile…

People who are not 11 years sober, but really should be. Classical music homework. All my other homework. Doing the dishes. Not being able to catch my breath after a 12 minute run. The thought of traveling – so exhausting. The anxiety I get when I think about missing my connecting flight in San Fran (keep your fingers crossed for me). Having a million great blogging ideas and forgetting the second I sit down to blog. Gas prices. Mitt Romney’s voice (especially during the debate). And Mitt Romney (if you are a fan, please don’t hate me. I promise I very, very, very rarely share my political views). Using an ATM and not getting my $80 and rude customer service people and having to wait “7-10 business days” to get my damn money (my yesterday… in case you missed that memo). Doing laundry (I actually don’t mind washing/drying/folding – I just really hate putting shit away). Being on a diet. The fact that I am starting to suck at blogging.


I Want a Dumpster Baby > a link to the blog I mentioned. I highly recommend checking her out - filled with positive energy, humor, smiles, and entertainment all around. Today is her 11th "Soberthday." Plus, she has twins inside of her and she calls them Hall and Oates. How precious is that shit.


A good enough reason for a 4 day weekend, I suppose.




No comments:

Post a Comment