Friday, October 26, 2012

Weird and Crazy and Crazy and Weird


I don’t understand why I have any friends. Or why people talk to me. Because I’m so weird. So so so weird. And within the last 24 hours, I’ve thought “Wow, I’m so weird,” or “Wow, I’m going crazy” way too many times.

Last night, the mister and I were so incredibly tired, and as we collapsed into bed, something about the position of the lamp and the big empty canvas of a wall motivated us to play shadow puppets. Like children. I love him because we are both absolutely little tiny children at heart. We did this for way too long. There’s a video attached of him being… some animal. He also did a bunny, which turned into a “ghetto bunny.” Please don’t ask. That was the art of his brain, not mine. He then proceeded to sing a line from “In the Ghetto” by the king of Rock n’ Roll himself, good ol’ Elvis Presley. See – the mister is just as weird as I am. Thank the lord. And the only shadow puppet I could do was a dinosaur-ish animal that just wanted to eat all of the mister’s animals. So so so weird. Also, I couldn’t stop looking at how huge my legs/feet looked in the shadow on the wall. “Look at those puppies – they’re like a size 13.”

Moving on to why I’m going crazy. There has been an alarm of some sort – probably a smoke detector – going off in a vacant house across the street for three days now. THREE DAYS. Like, 72 hours of “beep beep beep.” I can only hear it when the windows are opened, or when I’m outside, or when it’s permanently implanted into my brain all day every day. True story. Last night trying to fall asleep, I could hear it. Over and over. And then I fell asleep and had two very crazy dreams: one that my high school reunion was on a cruise ship that was floating through shark-infested waters and I was the only one freaked out about going swimming, and the other that my sister had to be rushed to the emergency room because the glass on the stove top shattered while she was making macaroni and cheese, and pieces were lodged into her chest. That’s screwed up, I know. I told you, I’m going crazy. She was in good spirits and surprisingly in very little pain, in case you were wondering. And this was all just a crazy dream my tiny little pea-sized brain created, in case you’re late to the party.

Then I thought I just had a rough night, and that I would be less crazy in the morning. FALSE. I was headed to the bank, and a car pulled up next to me. A sweet old lady smiled at me and her ugly-but-cute little dog was hanging out the window. I’m pretty sure it was smiling at me too. The dog and the old woman looked very strangely alike, but that might’ve just been my crazy brain. The first thing I thought to myself was, “Awe, I’m making friends. At a stoplight. Because stuff like that happens.” FALSE. As soon as that damn light turned green, the lady cut me off like we were rounding the 3rd left turn. I was waiting for her to flip me the bird… it was THAT weird of a situation.

So in the meantime, I’m just over here being weird and going crazy and loving my equally weird and crazy mister. That’s all for now.





This is a picture of the "Notes" app on my phone. This is how I brainstorm for my blog. Weird and crazy... I wasn't kidding.


This is the mister's "hermit crab" - he's so talented.


Yeah... this happened.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon is really good at making animal shadows! Haha, your both twisted little creatures ;)

    Emmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete