Monday, October 8, 2012

Wedding, Holiday, Birthday, Vacation


An eventful and well-needed weekend for the mister and I ends with a relaxing day thanks to Chris Columbus for, you know, whatever it is he did.

We spent Saturday driving, running around, eating In ‘N Out Burger (my first time EVER), stressing about being late (Me? Late? Never…), more driving, and finally ending up at the most gorgeous wedding I’ve ever been to. We headed to the heart of Wine Country in Paso Robles – fun fact: the same town where James Dean died and where Marilyn Monroe married Joe DiMaggio. A beautiful wedding with the mister’s family – family I’d never met before, so that was exciting and slightly nerve-wracking all in the same. They were wonderful (I didn’t expect anything less) and we had an absolute blast. I’m damn lucky that I married into such a close-knit family. Seriously, they’re all pretty great. Then we slept in the most comfortable hotel bed EVER. I just want to live in a world made of down comforters and pillows. Is that too much to ask? We spent the morning at Pismo Beach, walking the pier, eating “world-famous BBQ”, and shopping the outlets. I wish my beach was that pretty, but it’s not. It just smells like trash and is littered dead seagulls and dried up jellyfish and homeless people camps… seriously. We drove the long, LONG way home – up Pacific Coast Highway 1, which is just breathtaking but slightly dangerous – 25 mph roads, narrow, winding curves, and crazy tourists. After a solid 4 hours of not killing each other in the car (impressive), we finally made it home, watched a little football, and went to sleep. I had… not one, but TWO, very screwed up dreams that kept me from sleeping well, but today I have already watched 3 episodes of Friends and it’s not even 11:00, so that cancels out the bad night. Yeah, that’s how it works. Don’t ask questions.

Today also happens to be the fourth birthday of my favorite little girl. My sister, one of the biggest surprises of my life, but a miracle all the same, was born 4 years ago this morning. Although she doesn’t always act like it, she is an angel. She already has the attitude of a teenage girl, always telling my sister while we Skype, “You’re getting on my nerve.” She’s four – where did she even learn that? Nobody get offended at this, BUT… being this far away from home, I miss her most of all. Everyone else is pretty easy to get ahold of with phone calls, texts, and Facebook, but she’s the one I very rarely get to talk to. Plus, she’s growing up so fast. It just blows my mind. She has recently discovered Skype, which is a blessing, but really she’s interested in seeing my cat and asking when I’m going to come pick her up. Which brings me to my next point… VACATION.

Tomorrow I leave for the good ol’ 207, and although I’m sad that my mister can’t accompany me this time, I am also SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited. Yeah, seriously. That much. I can’t wait to see the little 4 year-old princess, and give her the exciting birthday presents of a few t-shirts, pajamas, and a sparkly pink bracelet. Worst present ever for a 4 year-old, I know. But we will brave the world of Chuck E Cheese at some point so I can make up for the incredibly lame birthday prize. Wish me luck. Also I get to see all the rest of my family and my bestest friend (yep, bestest). So while I will miss the mister, I can’t wait to be there. I hope he survives. It’s only 10 days and I’ve made enough freezer meals to feed the state of California. Kind of an exaggeration, but you get the point. Also, pray for me while I travel, because my connection in San Fran is very short and I WILL kill someone if I’m not in Boston by 8:00 tomorrow night. You’ve been warned.


The view from the wedding. It was a castle. Seriously. With a mote and everything.


Pismo Beach from the pier. Gorgeous day.


A rest stop we stumbled on while searching for a bathroom. This was our view all the way home. Big Sur, CA <3


My beautiful birthday girl. Left was her first birthday. Right is her just a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment