Monday, January 14, 2013

Friends with Friends


Last night I had a dream that I was the 7th friend in Friends – my absolute favorite television show of all time, in case you’ve never met me. I was pregnant in the dream, which was weird and scary and confusing, and Phoebe just kept telling me how painful childbirth was, because “trust her, she’s had 3 babies.” We were sitting on the couch in the Central Perk coffeehouse drinking coffee, which is weird because I hate coffee and I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to avoid coffee when you’re pregnant (I’m not really pregnant – it was just a dream – in case I need to clarify). And Joey kept saying “How you doin’?” and Chandler kept making cute eyes at me and Ross was talking about dinosaur things, and guess what? Dinosaur things are as boring in a dream as they make it look on TV. And it must have been Christmas because I woke up with “Noel” stuck in my head. I hate that song.

I have no idea where that dream came from. I haven’t even watched an excessive amount of Friends in, like, days. I really am obsessed with that show. I am in the process of owning all 10 seasons – one by one, I buy them on eBay as I finish re-watching them. I’m a freak. I also watch 2 hours of random re-runs every day on TBS from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Pitiful, I know.

I’m guessing the dream came from an overload combination of Robitussin and Mucinex and Nyquil and multivitamins and cough drops and orange juice and Gatorade, because that’s been my life for the past 3 days. I’m surprisingly getting worse every day, so that sucks. 50% of the day, I sound like a man with a deep voice, and the other 50% of the day, I have no voice at all. I bet the mister appreciates that – the no voice, not the man voice.

All joking aside, he has been a wonderful mister. When I’m sick, I’m the world’s biggest baby, and I deserve the #1 COMPLAINER ribbon. He stayed home with me all weekend, cuddled up in pajamas, cooked dinner, watched my girly movies, listened to my terrible predictions during the Golden Globes (by the way, how about Jodi Foster?) and listened to me (try to) scream at the TV during the Patriots game. He’s a keeper. (I’m predicting 49ers v. Patriots on February 3rd, with a big fat Patriots win, of course. It’ll be interesting because the mister is just about as die-hard 49ers as I am Patriots).

So my life has been being sicky and having weird Friends dreams and starting school this morning (sad face) and taking medicine and watching so much football and laughing at Amy Poehler and Tina Fey rock it on the Golden Globes (two of my four girl crushes – the other two are Katy Perry and Jennifer Aniston).





A few laughs to get you through the afternoon. You are so welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment